Chinese Baptist Church was founded on November 13, 1874 as Chinese Mission School by the members of First Baptist Church on Southwest Fourth and Alder Street. On September 15, 1879 the church dedicated a Chinese chapel on one corner of its property at Southwest Fifth and Alder Street. The congregation would meet there until 1901, when they moved to a new location. In 1944 the congregation organized as an independent church forming Chinese Baptist Church. The present property was purchased in 1945 and on June 26, 1949 the congregation celebrated the dedication of its current church building.
We believe the Bible, as God’s inspired and inerrant Word, is of final authority in faith and life.
We believe in one God, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ, the Son incarnate, was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man. Man was created in God’s image, but sinned, incurring spiritual death, which has passed upon all the race.
We believe that Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, and all who trust Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
We believe in the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and His presence at the right hand of God the Father, interceding for us. The personal, premillennial return of Christ is our “blessed hope.”
We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.